Whether you listen to them while you’re running, driving, cleaning, or working, audiobooks are one of the easiest, most enjoyable ways to read. And YES, they absolutely count as real reading.
Here are some reasons why audiobooks are awesome:
- Don’t want to carry a book on the train? Listen to an audiobook. You’ll tune out any annoying conversations or screeching train sounds and be at work before you know it.
- Don’t have the ability to do chores and read at the same time? Unless you’re an alien with five hands, just listen to an audiobook for hands-free reading. It’ll make washing dishes and folding laundry go by faster, I promise.
- Is there a famous book that you’ve been wanting to read but can never fully get into? Try the audiobook, especially because some of your favorite actors might read them. I highly suggest Maggie Gyllenhaal’s narration of The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath.
- Can’t get motivated for your workout? Listen to a thriller audiobook, but ONLY when you work out—make that a strict rule. So you either have to keep going during your workout or exercise more often to find out what happens next.
- Want to be more successful at work? Listen to an audiobook on leadership, motivation, or certain skills needed in your industry. Try listening to Great at Work by Morten Hansen or the classic How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie.
Here’s a list of some really amazing audiobooks you need to check out ASAP!
This post was originally published on GetLiterary.com.